Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm Back

It's been a long time since I've posted anything on this blog. I suppose that many bloggers quickly tire of the habit. Somewhere I read that 98% or more of blogs and blog postings never attract a single comment, suggesting that the writers are largely writing to themselves. That's not necessarily bad, by the way. Catharsis can be therapeutic.

In the meanwhile, I've decided to return to telling stories of the patients and families with whom I've been privileged to share their final days, weeks, and months. Maybe I need the catharsis.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm commenting! do you want a larger audience? I can highlight your blog if you want. Keep up the good work. People are asking us at Pallimed for writings like this. So there are people who want to read this, they just need to be told about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog.. however in my situation... Your writing is cathartic to me... Thank you for sharing your experiences.. and thank you for being so honest.. Your compassion and strength is nice to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a study coordinator for a hospice study for at-home family caregivers. It's been difficult for me to absorb the context fully without feeling quite a bit of sorrow. Your posts that have discussed this have been helpful to me...thank you for this blog.

    ReplyDelete